On the weekend it seemed like Spring had finally arrived here in Cape Breton! On Friday and Saturday it was beautiful, sun shining, temperatures in the teens.....it was great! It poured rain all night on Friday and off and on during the day yesterday. Last night as we were going to bed the rain was turning to snow flurries. I woke up this morning to Jonathan saying "Kelly get out of bed! You have to leave early." When I wandered out to the living room and looked out the window I was greeted by SNOW. It was the kind of snow that sticks to the windows so I couldn't really see the ground, all I could see was snow stuck to the windows. We got about 10 cm of snow over night. It was an awful drive to school.......and it feels more like December that April.
Oh well, the good thing with snow this time of year is that it doesn't last long....so hopefully the flowers will be back soon!
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ick...I hope I don't see anymore snow until 2007!!
Snow...only in Margaree! I am liking our mild temps and sunshine WAY too much to go back to boots and puffy jackets!
Hey Kelly,
I heard on the radio that three buses to CB Highlands were not operating today due to the weather in northern Inverness county. Crazy! There was no snow from Sydney to Baddeck....hopefully Spring will arrive soon & stay!
wow..... snow!!!
We walked down to the park in our spring jackets today. Only in Cape Breton, How can I still miss it???
It was totally crazy, but I think spring came back today and hopefully, better days will follow.
Post a Comment