Well, a year ago today was our wedding day! I can't believe we're celebrating our first anniversary already. In some ways it feels like we've been married for years, and yet it feels like last week we were FREEZING cold getting pictures taken in Margaree!
Jonathan planned a little getaway to celebrate. I booked the weekend off (it felt great to have 2 days off in a row!!). Yesterday (Saturday) we went to the West Edmonton Mall for the afternoon. We weren't really shopping, mostly just roaming around. I went to West Ed when I was here in June, but we only had an hour before they closed, so it was a quick trip through. Yesterday we had hours to spend just roaming though. It's quiet the spot. There are still places I didn't see! We watched part of the Sea Lion show, and saw people skating on the ice rink. We also got some chocolates at Rocky Mountain Chocolates. They were really good!
Then we went to The Union Bank Inn for the night. We checked in and had some time to relax. We're used to being in a house with 6 other people (4 of them 6 and under) so it was nice to have some time to ourselves. And then we went for supper at the restaurant in the Inn. If you're even in Edmonton and want some really, really good food, go to this place! It was really nice, but yet relaxing.
We had breakfast at the Inn this morning, and then went to church. We had plans to spend the afternoon with my brother Todd, but he fell asleep and his phone was turned off! So we ended up meeting him for supper. We went to good old East Side Mario's. It was fun to see Todd. It's so amazing that God has placed one of my siblings here in the same city we're in!
So all in all it was a great way to celebrate 1 year together! I think Jonathan set a pretty high standard...he'll have alot to live up to next year!
I have some pictures, but our computer isn't hooked up to the internet, so some day I'll get them posted!
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary, Kelly & Jonathan! Sounds like Jonathan pulled out ALL the stops! The Union Bank Inn looks super nice!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had an awesome time.
Sarah and I have both thawed out from picture session at your wedding, too. Haha. I have never enjoyed sitting by a woodstove in a strapless dress as much as that day!
Happy Anniversary and wish you guys all the best.
Stephanie & Martin Seaboyer
Happy First Anniversary J&K!
Good job Jonathan, I am impressed! That will be a tough anniversary to top!
Happy Anniversary guys! Wow, he sure did raise that bar high! Good luck next year Jon!
Glad you had a great time!
Amanda
Post a Comment