After 5 long days of driving we have finally arrived in Edmonton. We left Wednesday morning and planned to arrive some time Sunday. We enjoyed the drive, it's so amazing to drive across the Country. What a difference in scenery between Cape Breton and Alberta! We went down through the States for a day and a half, but other than that we were in Canada. We enjoyed our time, but we were REALLY glad to get out of the car tonight. And I don't think I want to eat in a restaurant for atleast a few months! Usually it's a novelty to eat out (especially when you live in Margaree) but after 5 days of nothing but restaurants, I was really glad to have a home cooked meal tonight (They had BBQ chicken and potatoes with home made peach/blueberry crisp ready when we got here)
I don't have any pictures to post, I have to admit we didn't stop long enough to take any interesting pictures. Just wanted to update everyone on where we are.
Enjoy this last week of August!!!
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear you made it safely...what a drive! It's a neat thing to do though!
Thanks for letting us know you made it! Glad to hear you are there safe and sound. I totally understand wanting to get out of the car and not eat out for months! hahaha
Hope to talk to you soon, Amanda
PS I emailed you my number, so if you can give me a call, or email me your number.
Hey Guys
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your drive cross canada, and have arrived safely! Hope to chat soon, Cheryl
Post a Comment