Friday, October 13, 2006

Welcome to Life in Edmonton!!

Yep...you guessed it, I have officially seen SNOW in Edmonton. Ok, so not nearly this much snow, but snow. When I was working on Tuesday, I went out to Tim Horton's for lunch, and on the way back, the rain was slowly turning to snow! It was white, and made that big 'Splat' when it hit the window! Thankfully it was melting as soon as it hit the ground.
Normally I am really excited about the first snow fall, but when it was on October 10, it was a little early for me!
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Phyllis (the lady we're staying with) decided to have a Thanksgiving for people who don't have any family here and therefore wouldn't have a dinner to go to. So on Saturday evening we had a big feast. My brother Todd came over, and there were 5 other people from Margaree. One of the people here was Kelly Shaw, who played the fiddle at our wedding reception. So he brought his fiddle, and his son brought a guitar and a mandolin. So after we ate the instruments came out, and I felt like I was right back in Margaree! Jonathan even got to play the guitar for an hour or so, something he hasn't done since we left home (he used to play his mom's guitar so he had to leave it in Margaree). So we really enjoyed our dinner, and it was lots of fun to get together with people we knew.
Other than that life has been pretty uneventful. I'm working lots, and Jonathan has been working here and the house, and doing a few other odd jobs. He hopes to start framing early next week! He finally has all the business paper work done, and he's ready to go! He is really looking forward to getting back to working full days, every day.
I think that's all the news from Edmonton, I'll keep you updated, and post a picture of our first snowfall that turns the ground white!

6 comments:

K & G said...

hahha wow!! At first I thought that picture was of your place in Edmonton... phew, thank goodness there's not that much snow. We'd really be in for a bad winter if that was the case:) Glad to hear you guys had a fun thanksgiving! We'll definately have to get together soon ... you're only 3 hours away!

The Barretts said...

SNOW!??! Oh my!

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving..nice that you got to see Todd!

Talk soon

Mark & Cheryl said...

Ya...scary picture Kelly! I thought that was in Edmonton!
Thanks for the update, glad to hear all is well, and sounds like you had a nice cape breton style thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Snoooooow! Oh boy. At least it didn't stick around! I guess Halloween costumes will be true Canadian style--designed to fit over a snowsuit!
Jonathan must be excited to start working steady, that's great. Tyler says HI too...

JonathanandMarni said...

I know you posted this quite a while ago...and that makes it ALOT worse. I lived in Alberta for a year after highschool.... and I too was less than thrilled with an early winter. The shinooks are nice though. We miss you guys! Hope you are happy and healthy!

kim said...

snow!!! Yikes...today we did have some hail, but not snow like that -- crazy!