Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Camping in Jasper

On the long weekend we went camping in Jasper National Park with Margaret and Tyler. Jonathan and I hadn't been to the mountains before, so it was a pretty exciting weekend for both of us. We camped (in the freezing cold!!!!!), did some hikes, went to the hot springs, and most of all enjoyed just getting away for a few days.
Here are some pictures from Jasper...

This is our first glimps of the famous Rockies! Such an amazing sight.











Our first sighting of a mountain goat. We saw lots more of these all weekend. They just roam along the side of the road.














Athabasca Falls

On Saturday after setting up our camp site and having some lunch we went for a hike at Athabasca falls. It felt great to hear the water falls...reminded me of being home in Cape Breton!


















The four happy campers at Athabasca Falls

















Margaret and I on a hike to a Maligne Canyon.



I'll try and add more pictures soon.
If you've never been to the Rockies, I think every Canadian should experience it atleast once! And thanks to Margaret and Tyler for suggesting the camping trip!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Great pics! I'll have to get mine developed and see if the bear came out. :) We have to go again soon, it was a great trip.

The Barretts said...

I was so surprised to see an update! Pleasantly surprised!

Looks like a fun time...beautiful as well!

Mark & Cheryl said...

Hi Kelly,
Wow, looks like you had a great weekend. Your pics are beautiful!!! Thanks for the update :)

Jeff and Amanda said...

WOAH....an update?!!! Thanks!
Looks like we should have been there!
It was so nice to see a pic of the four of you! Miss all you guys, Amanda