When we got married in September we were given a gift certificate for dinner and a night at the Big Intervale Fishing Lodge (aka The Salmon Camp). We decided to use our "getaway" on Friday night. We had a great time. The food was DELICIOUS as usual. (I had salmon and Jonathan had T-bone steak). The cabins are really cute and comfortable. We know the owners, they're good friends of Jonathan's family, but I would recommend a meal or a night here to anyone looking to spend some time in Margaree. One warning....you drive 19km on a dirt road with not many other houses to get there. It's worth the drive!
Jonathan has always been interested in fly fishing. He has done it for years, and is really good. He caught a salmon that was too big to keep about a month ago, and then he caught a "keeper" about 2 weeks ago. I decided that since he goes fishing so much, and seems to really enjoy it that I should learn how to fish. So Saturday was my first experience fly fishing. It looks pretty easy, and doesn't sound all that complicated......it's harder than it looks! I had a great time, and I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit more, but I had a sore arm on Sunday morning! I went again last night (Monday) and it was a bit easier, but there were bushes close behind us, so I spent more time catching the bushes than anything else!
I have a picture of me fishing, but it won't let me post right now. I'll try to put one up later.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time! I love "mini-vacations" like that. Maybe you should have gotten a bushing license instead of a fishing license! I'd be lucky if I caught a leaf!
FUN! I would love to try fly fishing! I've gotta see that pic :)
Hey Guys, sounds like a nice spot. I was looking through the binder you gave us for our wedding trying to pick out a "mini-vacation" spot for our anniversary...and I noticed you had the same lodge noted as a "hot" spot to visit! Looking forward to the pics....I have been a lazy blogger, but will update soon. Talk to you soon :)
Post a Comment