Thursday, June 22, 2006

Surprise trip to Edmonton!

As most of you know, I went to Edmonton for a week to surprise Jonathan. It was so hard to not tell him that I was coming, but it was all worth it! They guy Jonathan is staying with picked me up at the airport and took me to the house Jonathan was working on. We pulled right up to the front deck (that Jonathan was building). He just kept looking at the truck. I got out, and he just started shaking his head. He said "I can't believe you pulled this off!! How long have you known that you were coming?" It was so exciting to see the look on his face. I'd recommend surprising someone any day, it was worth all the work it took.
We had a great week. I did some shopping (We were about 10-15 minutes from IKEA!!!!) Jonathan took me to the West Edmonton mall on Friday night. And of course, we watched all the hockey games! It was so much fun to be in Edmonton during the final series. Everywhere you look there were Oilers flags and signs, so much fun.
At the house Jonathan is building, they are painting pictures on the kids walls. So I worked on those while I was there. It was a lot of fun. I'll put some pictures up when I get a chance. I haven't put them on my computer yet.
So I'm back home now, at mom and dad's, and Jonathan will be home on Saturday. I started to move into our new little house yesterday. I should be pretty well settled in before Jonathan gets home.
Cassandra's wedding is this weekend, I can't wait! It should be a great time. Hopefully Jonathan will make it to Margaree for the reception.
I'll post some pictures when I get them on the computer! Enjoy this wonderful summer weather we're having!!!!

5 comments:

Jeff and Amanda said...

Ah, thanks for the update kelly. It is really fun to surprize someone-if you can manage to pull it off! haha
You went to Ikea huh? I was there the other day too. Its too bad most of the stuff I want we dont really NEED! Oh well, someday!

The Barretts said...

Surprises are so fun! I'm glad you were able to pull it off :)

See you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

WOOHOO! That sounds like fun. The last time I was in Edmonton, they were in the playoffs as well. It was insane there, but LOTS of fun. Did you get to go to the wave pool in the West Ed mall? We keep saying we have to go there..for Luke of course..LOL!

Unknown said...

Yay!! So glad you pulled off the suprise! Sounds like a great trip, and I bet you're glad to have your hubby back now, too. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Mrs. H...anxiously awaiting an up date with pictures!! That's if you'll forgive me for not calling when I was in Baddeck... :(